On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 05:04:59PM -0700, Collin Peters wrote:

> I use:
> mailboxes `find ~/Mail/ ! -name .log ! -name trash ! -name sent-mail !
> -name junkmail -type f -true -printf "%p "`
>
> This is great for mailboxes which change by getting added or deleted.
> All you need to do is put the mailboxes you never want to show up as '!
> -name mailbox'

Thanks for the tip.  I wrote a script  before reading your post, and it
was erm... far more convoluted to say the least.  I'll be borrowing
yours now. ;))

[..]
> I do the same.  My point of confusion is that I thought that there was
> no way to see the 'N' in the folder view, only the mailbox view.  That's
> why I only use the mailbox view with the -y switch and the following two
> macroes which automatically put me back to that view with one key press.
>
> macro pager "i" "<sync-mailbox><change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"
> macro index "i" "<sync-mailbox><change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"
>
> Is it possible to get the 'N' in the folder view?

Sorry, I was confusing myself as I was typing. :)  I meant mailbox view.
Based on how Mutt determines new messages in a mailbox, detecting new
messages in a folder (directory) seems a little ambitious! :)

Regards :)
--
Lee J. Moore
It's all GNU to me