On 11-17 07:57, Bela Bartok wrote:
<snip>
> ok, now How windoze programs (eudora, outlook, etc) send email if they
> dont have a running sendmail daemon?
> I just dont want to use sendmail, if i am sending a big email, and i
> disconnect, it will stay in sendmail queue, and i dont want that. I want
> to the simpler, bert solution for desktop freebsd machine for handling
> emails.

Hey, Bela, I feel your pain...at least a little bit, anyway. I've just
started using Mutt less than a week ago, and people here sure have helped
out a lot! I've gotten quite a few things ironed out, and switched to mutt
as my main mailer.

I didn't want to set up sendmail, either, just to send out emails. I found this
sweet little utility:
http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/smtp_pl/smtp_pl.html
REALLY easy to use, and believe me, I set this up when I was in a stupid and
lazy kind of mood. :) I definitely did not want to tackle sendmail, that seems
like a really big hammer for only one user. YMMV.

--
-
Sean LeBlanc, [EMAIL PROTECTED]