According to Sven Guckes on Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 09:16:29AM +0100:
execute 2yyGp
> > Nothing I have seen convinces me that this is not a sufficiently
> > useful configurable option to make it standard.
>
> well, how about this then:
>   $ cd ~/Mail; mutt
> now you can save your mails *without*
> any '+' or '+' - just type in the name!
>
> why ad any code to mutt for
> this simply startup method?

As I mentioned in my original mail, this has become a pain
for me - a real pain - I want to be always in my ~ dir.
Default save from mutt must be in ~ and when I want to
read something into a mail edit session or add an attachment,
9+ times out of 10 the file is in my ~ dir.
So I  had enough and changed this function:

u() {
  if [ $1 ]
    then
    mutt $@
  else
    cd #/data/Mail
       ^^^^^^^^^^^
    mutt
    cd -
    fi
}

Changing and navigating folders is one of the most fundamental
functions of a MUA so something that makes this more convenient
by obviating a silly keypress each time can IMO, hardly be
regarded as adding a kitchen sink.

(The reading and attaching problem, may be fixed if with the set
editor command you could cd to another dir before launching your
editor).

--
Eric Smith