On 2001.12.06, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Prahlad Vaidyanathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 Eric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed into the ether:
> > Well I am not sure what you call that information bar above the
> > pager.  But would it not be useful if the names of the
> > attachments of the current email were listed there -
> > or is there another view in mutt that may achieve this.
>
> There is a patch (patch-1.3.23.dgc.attach.2), which you can find here :
>
>     http://mutt.justpickone.org/mutt-build-cocktail/
>
> That will give you the option of putting the number of attachments into
> the index.

I've updated all my current patches, including this one, for 1.3.24. It
can be found at its home site:
        http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/mutt
        http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/mutt#attach

These patches include PATCHES file support, which was (re-)introduced in
1.3.23.2.

FWIW, I apply patches in this sequence:
patch-1.3.24.vvv.nntp
mutt-1.3.24.dgc.attach.2
patch-1.3.24.rr.compressed
mutt-1.3.24.dgc.xlabel_ext.4
mutt-1.3.24.dgc.deepif.1
mutt-1.3.24.dgc.isalias.1
mutt-1.3.24.dgc.markmsg.2
mutt-1.3.24.dgc.unbind.1
mutt-1.3.24.ats.mark_old.1

...considering how to support Eric's idea in attach.3, without
getting too far off the beaten-till-dead path....

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago