On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 05:56:53PM -0600, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> On Jan 08, Vincent Lefevre [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 17:39:17 -0600, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> > > Regardless, if you turned off pgp_verify_sig, you would not see the
> > > "garbage" above, just the "s" in the index.
> >
> > But I still see some lines because of the attachment. I would like
> > to see nothing.
>
> Yeah... to my knowledge there is no way to hide the fact that the message
> does have attachments.  I guess with my color choices I don't even really
> see those attachments lines anymore, except to subconsciously note they are
> there.  Without the colors it would probably get pretty annoying to have to
> skim over that all the time.
>
> I *think* Mutt hides the fact a message with text/plain and text/html
> versions of the message has the text/html part, so maybe there is some back
> end there if any one wanted to hack this?

There is no built-in way to hide the "[-- ... --]" stuff, but I got
tired of looking at it, especially surrounding the frequent HTML
messages I receive and around people's PGP signatures, so I added this
to my folder-hooks for mailing lists:

    folder-hook +Incoming/. 'set display_filter="sed '\''/^\\[-- .* --]$/d'\''"'

and similar, but more selective, sed rules in the display_filter scripts
for other mailboxes.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | Spokane, Washington, USA