On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, David T-G wrote:
> %
> % Okay, a bit of history.  I'm currently a Pine user and I'm considering
> % switching to Mutt since I have need of useable and useful PGP/GPG
> % handling.
>
> Good for you!  We love mutt here :-)

*laugh* I figured as much.

> % Under pine, I can easily set up three mail collections as follows
> % folder-collections=server1 {mail.server1.com}mail/[],
> %                    server2 {mail.server2.com}mail/[],
> %                    local mail/[]
> %
> % which will let me see all of the folders on the local machine, server1 and
> % server2 on the folder screen and transfer files between them easily.  This
> % functionality is actually fairly important to me as it enables me to get
> % things I need to do done quickly.
>
> That's pretty slick, I must admit.  mutt currently does not have that
> functionality, but I can see how it would be rather nice.

Drat.

> Perhaps that feature will come.  I'm afraid, though, that at the
> moment your lack of results is the expected behavior.
>

> HTH & HAND & I sure would like to see that, too!

Unfortunately it doesn't really help.  Maybe someone on here will be
adventuresome enough to make such a patch?  I certainly don't know the
internals of MUTT enough to do so currently.

Unfortunately this leaves me in a rather annoying place.
I have to either (as I'm doing now) use pine and deal with it's poor
handling of PGP/GPG and eventually find or write a patch which makes pine
handle PGP/MIME bodies, or I have to learn a new mailer, deal with it's
poor handling of folders and eventually find or write a patch which gives
it the folder handling I want.

If there is someone who wants to take on (or collaborate) on taking on
this second task, I'd love to discuss it and help with it as I consider
myself a fair-to-decent coder :)

Thanks again for the help.

- --JT

- --
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]