Dale --

...and then Dale Woolridge said...
%
% I've created a patch which allows the use of printf-style sequences
% in the mailbox parameter of the mbox-hook command.  My motivation for

Interesting!

% Mostly I didn't like the few other options I considered: restarting mutt;
% using source to process the hook(s) again; or creating a macro to recreate

I take it you want to be sure that the dates are accurate and not from
startup, right?  This is a common problem for headers and such (good old
uptime) and the answer is usually to put the parsed half in single quotes
to prevent mutt from executing the innards until the hook is called.
I should think that that would work for you, too, and would be a lot
easier to maintain than your patch.  Of course, it's not as cool... :-)

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]