On 09:31 19 Jan 2002, Chris Gushue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Carl B. Constantine ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
| > At home, I can use the change-folder command to cycle through folders
| > with new Mail. I'm using this mailbox command:
| >
| > mailboxes ! +lists
| > mailboxes `for file in /home/cconstan/Mail/lists/*; do echo -n
| > "+lists/$(basename $file) "; done`
| >
| > Anyone have ideas on how to get this to work? (NOTE: my home machine
| > uses BASH and I'm using tcsh here at work if that makes any difference).
|
| That's the problem, the `for file in...` bit is run with whatever your
| default shell is, and that's won't work in tcsh, since it's bash (well, sh)
| syntax. Maybe you'd have to figure out the tcsh syntax, or write a
| small bash script to call instead of the bash command directly (like I
| do with my getfolders script).

Or set $SHELL to /bin/sh (or bash, if present) in a wrapper around mutt
when invoking it.

On the few occasions I've been trapped in a tcsh for login I had my
.login just reset $SHELL and exec a login insteance of it anyway. From
there on it's as if your login shell really was a sane Bourne shell.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

I heard a funny one this weekend.  I was belaying a friend on a very short
problem and when she was pumped out she told me to "Let me down" and my
other friend that was standing nearby said.  "You were never UP!".
        - Bryan Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>