Carl --

...and then Carl B. Constantine said...
%
% * Cameron Simpson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
% > | > Anyone have ideas on how to get this to work? (NOTE: my home machine
% > | That's the problem, the `for file in...` bit is run with whatever your
% > | default shell is, and that's won't work in tcsh, since it's bash (well, sh)
% > Or set $SHELL to /bin/sh (or bash, if present) in a wrapper around mutt
% > when invoking it.
%
% well, even running BASH and then running mutt does not seem to solve the
% problem.

No, that won't do it; simply running bash does not reset $SHELL, so when
mutt looks to $SHELL it sees tcsh and runs it and tries to feed it a bash
construct.

%
% I will try to create a tcsh version or just add it to mutt's mailboxes
% command manually since I don't watch that many lists.

You actually can't do a one-liner in tcsh (bummer, eh?).  You could,
however, do this in your .muttrc file:

  mailboxes ! `bash -c 'for i in ... do ... done'`

and force your shell (be it tcsh or anything else) to run bash.

I've since tossed the original email with your working example (you guys
in the quotes-too-much thread stay quiet!) but my recollection is that
you didn't want *all* of the mailboxes and so you were listing them out
in the for loop.  Follow up with details if this doesn't get you what
you need and we'll see what we can do.

%
% --
% Carl B. Constantine           University of Victoria
% Programmer Analyst            http://www.uvic.ca
% UNIX System Administrator     Victoria, BC, Canada
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]