On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 09:30:19PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I must say that the its speed in
> processing IMAP stores strikes me as slow.  I think this is because
> mutt doesn't seem to have any caching mechanism.  As a result, each
> tim you open an imap subfolder you have to wait for it to spool th
> count.
>
> If you have a folder with lots of messages this can be a substantial
> wait time.
yes. I thought it was because of only using a P90 as IMAP Server,
but after changing to NFS mounted ~/Mail everything is really
faster (with the Same Maildir folders Courier IMAPd used!)

> If you archived locally and just kept y our inbox for initial
> reception it might not be too bad...
well ... I have this computer on my LAN and also use it for archiving
mails, so I have access from everywhere I am.

--
Christian Ordig
Germany