On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 07:49:54AM -0800, Ken Weingold wrote:
> I have one mailbox that has A LOT of messages in it, as in quite a few
> thousand.  It is in mbox format.  For mutt to open it as quickly as
> possible, it is dependent on processor speed?  I moved my mail to a

It's dependent on a lot of things:  hard drive speed, processor speed,
and memory.  IE: all those hardware issues.

I'd suggest using Maildir instead of mbox -- my experience has been that
Maildir is faster.  There's much less to worry about in parsing a Maildir
entry -- every file is one message and starts with headers.  There's more
fh opening and closing, to be sure, but you may find it faster.  Give it
a try.

--
rjbs