On Jan 28, Russell Hoover [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
>                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Could this mean that a 1.5.0 release is around the corner?
> I'm asking because, if it is, I'd like to tell my admin to
> hold off upgrading from 1.3.25 to 1.3.27, if 1.5.0 will be
> available in a week or two . . .

1.5.x is the new development branch, cut in the CVS by Thomas last week.
It will be the new home for development from now on, post 1.4.  It's
already had a fair amount of large-ish patches thrown at it, so it's headed
for a good start as a development branch which probably soon won't be very
wise to use for daily tasks, until it has shaken down a bit more. :)

What is "just around the corner" is the 1.4 release.  It's due "any day
now", and is the very stable result of the current 1.3.x development tree
(the code will be identical to 1.3.27, plus any fixes important enough to
be necessary before it becomes 1.4).