At 11:48 +0100 12 Feb 2002, Stefan Alfredsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As my attribution string, I have a simple
> set attribution="Quoting %n <%a> [%(%d %b-%y %H:%M)]:"

> However, the date and time seems to be taken from the mbox From
> (no, not From:) header, instead of the Date: header field.

This is documented behaviour.  The section of the manual on $index_format
(6.3.79), to which the documentation for the $attribution setting refers says
in part:

       %(fmt)
        the local date and time when the message was received.

See the documentation for %{fmt} and %[fmt] in the same section.

--
Aaron Schrab     [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 "Been there, done that, didnt like it threw it out"   -- Alan Cox