[08.03.02 00:03 +0100] Marco Fioretti <-- :
> About this particular project: let's just do it in whatever language
> the majority of the volunteers is ALREADY proficient with, not with the one
> which the majority of the list thinks better for any reason.

I do not agree to this, one thing I would ask you to consider:

Take a language which you can expect to be present on minimal systems.
Otherwise you might end up in dependencies which are no advantage for
mutt. One of the advantages of console progs is that they do not need
hundreds of extra languages installed to get them going.

Speaking of installing a distro (which most beginners would do) those
are already blown up enough, now imagine you would for example need
a jre just for the mutt config tool .. -- speaking of compiling mutt
yourself (which more experienced would do but which does not mean that
they understand all the muttrc values) is even worse if (often seen)
the documentation does not mention all dependencies. And as a result of
that, it might happen that a user of netscape/kde/pine.. who has heard
of mutts capabilities and wants to try that, will stay with his old
one because the only alternate to those depencies would be vim+manual.

Viewing from this point, perl would be a good choice and as far as I
saw from former postings it might turn out to become perl.
--
Erika Pacholleck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
mutters: insert vowels of last name