* Dave Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-03-14 14:14]:
> > So this Mail-Followup-To seems redundant [on a closed list]
> Could it not be the case that the personal entry in
> Mail-Followup-To might be pointing to an address with which
> the author isn't subscribed to the list? This might be an
> address they monitor all day whereas their mutt subscription
> might be connected with a less read mailbox somewhere else.
> The personal followup would alert the author that someone
> has made a response to an email they've authored.

oh - you mean, this Mail-Followup-To is for "extra notification"?

Let's see...

      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (if it's about Vim, too),
      [EMAIL PROTECTED] (to summon my evil ghost),
      [EMAIL PROTECTED] (when I seem to have gone underground),
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (for when I'm at unversity),
      [EMAIL PROTECTED] (not for Windows lusers),
      [EMAIL PROTECTED] (just a spam trap),
      (and in emergencies call my mum at TEL +49-30-112)

My point:

If you want notification at other addresses
then you can use a filter at your home site.
Or you can subscribe to the list with some
other address, too.

But there is *no* reason to redirect CCs in any
form which could be obsolete the very next day.

Now, this Mail-Followup-To: needs to be put
to better use than creating more problems.

Sven