Shawn McMahon wrote:
> begin  quoting what Will Yardley said on Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at
> 02:32:41PM -0800:

> > and hopefully this won't set off a long discussion (yet again), but
> > many believe that it's generally silly (and unnecessary) to sign
> > posts to a public mailing list most of the time.

> Many believe the Earth is flat, that aliens abduct farmers and dissect
> cows, and that when the rich get richer the poor get poorer.  I assume
> no responsibility for correcting their lack of understanding, nor for
> saving their delicate sensibilities.

well i was stating an *opinion* (and i didn't even say that it was _my_
opinion).  i think most (reasonable) people would agree that saying the
earth is flat would be a factual distortion and not an opinion.

> If you object to my signatures, procmail is easily capable of routing
> all of my emails to /dev/null.

the issue wasn't a personal accusation. you're welcome to sign (or not
sign) your emails as you wish.

in any event, the intent was not to start a flamewar here, or suggest
that you stop signing your mails, but simply to present another opinion
to the original poster.

i think you're taking my message a little too personally.

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >