On 25.Mar 2002, Markus Hubig wrote:

> Hmm, I put
>
> | push "!/home/markus/bin/test.sh\n <change-folder>\n"
>
> in the last line of my muttrc and it works like a charm ...
>
> I'm running Mutt 1.3.27i (2002-01-22).

So it is possible that it works on my machine too.. :-)

I've found out that push works in muttrc if my mailspoolfile
/var/mail/martin is _not_ empty on startup. Mutt prints
Sorting mailbox... while executig the script. But if there is no mail
in the mailspool then push is not executed. Maybe it is executed but it
finds itself anywhere where ! (or V as in the other mail) is not bound.

As my mailspool is usually empty before getting new mails this is not a
very effective solution for getting new mails. ;-|

lg, Martin