Moin,

* Matthias Weiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [02-03-25 22:26]:
>I'm subscribed to several mailing lists which are sent
>to 2 mail accounts. I'm using fetchmail to retrieve the
>mails that are then stored in /var/spool/mail/matthias.
>
>I'd like mutt to check whether a mail came from a mailing
>list and display only those mail at ones that belong to
>the same mailing list. I'd then want to switch between
>the list with some key command.
>When I end my mutt session I'd want mutt to store the
>read mails in seperate mail boxes, each for every mailing
>list I'm subscribed.
>Those remaining mails that don't belong to a mailing list should be
>moved to a general list.
>
>Is that possible with mutt and if yes how can I do this???
OK, what I and some others do is we use a filter to sort incoming
mails into different mailboxes. Mutt can then see which mailboxes have
new mails an display them right away.
If you want to try that system, have a look at Maildrop, which is a
mailfilter with quite powerful features and an easy rule language.

I guess you can also build the exact same thing you describe above.
Start by writing Mutt macros to limit the mails to that of the single
lists ('<limit>~t [EMAIL PROTECTED]'), then write another macro
which moves the mail and which I have no idea how to do right now.

>Then I have a question regarding address books - is there support
>for something alike in mutt??
I heard something about that, but it may have been a patch. Did you
look for it in the manual?
At the very least, you can do LDAP queries.

Thorsten
--
Intolerant people should be shot.