On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 05:33:36PM +0100, Dave Smith wrote:

> You could succumb to the non-standards-following world and use the
> pgp_create_traditional variable.  There are also other ways of signing
> messages that have been used in the past, and many discussions have taken
> place here, and patches have been posted to allow it.  Check the archives
> if you want it.

just wondering why the non-standards-following option contains the word
traditional.

btw - thanks for the advice on the send hooks, etc.

also, i have tried asking this question in lists where it belongs but
haven't gotten any satisfactory responses and since you all seem so
helpfull and it sort of relates to mutt...what is the "accepted"
method for signing keys?  i have heard everything from "don't sign a key
unless you got it on a floppy from the person and checked his/her id" to
"if the fingerprint in the signature matches, signing is ok."

my dilema is that i have few friends (ok one) who use pgp but i would still
like to build up some sort of web-of-trust.

--
Peter Abplanalp
President - Senior Developer