Hi,

* Sven Guckes [04/05/02 18:32:12] wrote:
> * Rocco Rutte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-04-04 19:45]:
> > > I love silly translations. Yesterday I worked
> > > with a german Red Hat-distribution (user elvis):
> > > Gnome created an icon called "Heimat von elvis"
> > Why not: "Gnome hat eine Ikone
> > namens 'Heimat von Elvis' erstellt"?

> aarrgghh!

Yes. But the point is that people seem to want that. But when working
with a computer getting any message back I'm usually abled to figure out
what was meant.

More stupid are technical books translated from English to German. I
understand that may not always be easy to decide what to translate and
what to leave untouched.

> "Pfeife zerbrochen"

(English: broken pipe)

Doesn't that hurd? ;-)

(who doesn't speak German, don't try to understand this one)

Cheers, Rocco.