Gerhard Häring wrote:
> * John P Verel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-04-09 21:41 -0400]:

>> This may be an FAQ, but I couldn't come up with it.
>>
>> I have substantial *.pst files from Microsoft Outlook from work
>> which I want to convert to mbox format.  Any pointers on this will
>> be gratefully appreciated.

> I've done that recently. I used Mozilla on Windows to import the PST
> files. Then hunted down where Mozilla actually has his files.
> c:/Documents and Settings/..../AppData/Mozilla or similar it was in my
> case. Mozilla saves its mails in a mbox format. However, in a peculiar
> one with Windows line endings, so you have to get rid of the CR for
> example using tr. Voila the converted mbox files.

if you have access to an IMAP server (or even if you can temporarily
install one on the machine you're running mutt on), you could use
outlook to copy the files to an IMAP server; then download the messages
into mutt (or if you have access to the IMAP server, and it's running UW
imapd, you can even just copy the mbox files wherever you want them).

there are also some conversion tools out there, but seems to me it is
easier to use IMAP if possible.

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >