Hi,

* Alain Bench [04/14/02 21:15:34 CEST] wrote:
> Hello Thorsten,

>  On Sunday, April 14, 2002 at 1:12:18 PM +0200, Thorsten Haude wrote:

> > I cannot verify the following IDs (only checked April):

>     Strange: I can verify OK those 2 mails, but can't verify 4 others
> (gpg: BAD signature from ...) on the 325 PGP signed mails from April.
> Their IDs are:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hey, that's one of mine and guess what... It verifies okay
here.

>     Last minute before sending: Well, I found what's happening, at least
> for "my" 4 bad sigs. The 4 mails have, in their raw quoted-printable
> encoded form, lines beginning by dots. And I use a &#@&@# broken deliver
> process not removing the dot added in this case by SMTP.

But GPG signes the message body. So, if my postfix would
remove the leading dots the content would be changed, right?
That's how I understand PGP/GPG signatures.

So a message would have to be encoded correctly before handing
it over to an SMTP delivery process and should be deliverable
without any modifications.

>     Once these dots removed with editor, the 4 messages verify OK.

I'll take some time tomorrow to try that with all messages
which don't verify correctly.

But what is really weird that mails which cannot be verified
differ from person to person.

Cheers, Rocco.