Michael, et al --

...and then Michael Tatge said...
%
% David T-G ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) muttered:
% >
% > I don't know that I'd say that.  I cannot verify my own messages in my
% > own =mutt-users fcc folder.
% >   [zero] [9:39am] ~>  gpg --verify < /tmp/m
% >   gpg: no signed data
% >   gpg: can't hash datafile: file open error
%
% If those are pgp/mine it's sure that gpg can't verify anything.

Now I get what Shawn was doing.  Thanks.

% David I know you use several keyrings. If I uncomment all keyring lines
% in my options file I can verify any mail just fine.

Interesting...

I have all of my keyring files uncommented and usable in my gpg options
file.  Who wouldn't, though?

I even just now thought of folder-hooks and trying to point mutt to the
right keyring, but that's only for importing.  Besides, this is my own
key.  Phooey.

% Without those lines the gpg output shows that the sigs are verified, but
% mutt says they can not be verfied.

I wonder why gpg can find the key to check the sig at all...  If you
don't have the ring listed, thenn where is gpg finding it?

%
% HTH,

Thanks & HAND

%
% Michael
% --
% "Whip me.  Beat me.  Make me maintain AIX."
% (By Stephan Zielinski)
%
% PGP-Key: http://www-stud.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~tatgeml/public.key

:-D