At  6:19 AM EDT on April 19 Sven Guckes sent off:
> * Dan Lowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-04-17 17:18]:
> > Previously, s. keeling wrote: [whatever]
> > You seem to have sent this to something other than "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> > because my list-reply did not work.  I had to enter the address manually.
> > Don't tell me the list has more than one address...
> > do I need to have multiple subscribe lines for it?  Ugh.
>
> there exist several local aliases for the mutt mailing lists -
> on gbnet.org, sonytel.be, and yahoogroups.com.
>
> so here are some of the addresses:
>
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I have appended my procmail rules
> which sort them into IN.MUTT mostly - enjoy!
>
> Sven  [who'd set up the lists to deny distribution
>        via arbitrary addresses from other domains]

Do you really get a lot of mail with "mutt-" in it that *isn't* for one of the
mutt lists?

I see a lot of gbnet grumbling but I've never had a problem because I use a
minimum match philosophy:

# Sort away mails from the mutt (mail user agent) mailing list
:0
{
    :0:
    * ? $FORMAIL -x Subject: | grep -isF -f ~/.mutt/killfiles/muttin
    dumpedthreads

    :0:
    muttin
}

Granted, this doesn't catch the other mutt lists (because I don't need to), and
IN.mutt would be a better name than muttin.  Return-Path works (for now anyway)
and is "cheaper" than ^TO.

> ===  http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/setup/procmailrc
> # 981009 - catch messages from gateway address on gbnet.net:
> :0
> * ^TOmutt(-dev|-users)?@(ns.)?gbnet.net
> IN.MUTT

Just to clarify - are you using MH or maildirs, Sven?  mbox users should use
:0:

(And I only mean to warn mbox users, not start a mbox/maildir jihad.)

--
"If Microsoft can change and compete on quality, I've won." -- L. Torvalds
Robert I. Reid | PGP/GPG Keys: http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/pgp.html