On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 01:46:08PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> * Dave Smith [04/23/02 10:19:26 CEST] wrote:
> > Our wonderful corporate IT department has added a virus scanner to
> > the main MTA.  "Good for them", you might say.  However, this
> > particular scanner communicates its result by adding an extra text/plain
> > attachment to the top of the mail.  AIUI, this violates the PGP/MIME RFC,
> > and most certainly breaks mutt.
>
> This is really bad[tm].

I know...

> Any chance making it adding the information as an additional X- header?

Well, I've asked.  Well see what happens.  For the moment, it appears
to have stopped doing it - whether that's due to complaints (mine or
others), or for other reasons, I don't know.

> My suggestion would break a few things up, but why not change
> the content/type with formail? It is also possible to change
> the body (i.e. snip the message out) with procmail and
> sed/awk.

It's possible to do pretty much anything if I change to using
fetch/procmail to get my mail, and move my mailbox to a local file.
However, I'd like to avoid doing that if possible.  I have no control
over anything upstream of my client's connection to the IMAP server,
so I can't do anything there either.

--
David Smith            Work Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
STMicroelectronics     Home Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]