Mike, et al --

...and then Mike Arrison said...
%
% On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:59:40AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
% >
% >   ls -lFc --full-time apache_users
% >   ls -lFu --full-time apache_users
%
% Okay, good call.  But that doesn't seem to be the problem:
---8<---

Hrmmm...  Interesting.

% > Actually, *that* "N" has nothing to do with the outer N; see the archives
% > for vast discussions of "undread mail" and "folders" and the meaning of
% > the former in relation to the latter :-)
%
% Ok, got it, "unread message" has nothing to do with the "N" on a "folder
% modified since last access".

Yeah :-)  Long, long, looong discussions.

%
% > It's supposed to be easy, really.  The problem is all of these other
% > programs that want to be the first to tell you about new mail!
% Sorry, not so easy :)  FYI: My setup is fetchmail(POP)->procmail->local
% folders.  Mutt then accesses the folders locally (no IMAP).

Indeed it isn't -- but I promise that it is :-)

Your $folder_format looks good to me but I never change folders or look
for new mail so I'm not much of a judge.  We've done the first steps of
verifying that it isn't a biff problem; I'll now let those who play in
this more dive in and give you a [knowledgeable] hand.

%
%         Thanks Again,
%          Mike Arrison

Sure thing!