At 23:25 -0700 03 Jun 2002, Jeremy Lin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm connecting to a server that supports both imap and imaps, and even though
> I'm setting mutt to connect via imap, it asks me about the certificate and
> then seems to connect with SSL anyway. Is this a feature, or is something
> mixed up on my end? If it's a feature, I don't think it's a good one.

This is a feature, and I suspect that you'd be in a minority for
thinking that having security is a bad thing.  Also, this feature is
needed for connecting securely to servers that don't accept connections
on the imaps port, but instead support the STARTTLS extension on the
normal imap port.  You can likely disable this feature with "set
ssl_starttls=no".

--
Aaron Schrab     [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.schrab.com/aaron/
 ... who knows how many AI projects are reading slashdot these days?