* Kevin Coyner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-06-07 09:28]:
> Many thanks for the patch.  I'll give it a try, but have to learn how
> to apply them first.  I've graduated from windoze to linux rpms to now
> being comfortable with compiling source, but haven't tried the patch
> route yet.  Got to read up on it first.

In this case, the patch can be applied, from within the mutt source
directory, like so:

  $ patch -p1 < patch-1.3.27.ds.askfrom.txt

For patch, the -p# tells patch how many directory levels to remove from
the filenames.  If you read through the patch file, you can see that it
references files as "mutt-1.3.27/init.h" and "mutt-1.3.27/send.c", which
is to say 1 directory and then a filename, so patch has to strip off 1
level of directories to file the name of the file to patch.

(darren)

--
All men are mortal.
Socrates was mortal.