* On Fri, 07 Jun 2002, Joseph Ishac wrote:

> No amount of reordering seemed to solve the problem, I've tried
> N different combinations (likely missing the right one of
> course :)

What I was originally thinking was not just reordering what you
had, but also moving the ~D, ~F, and ~T into your folder-hook --
something like (using ~P for "from me"):

folder-hook . 'color index blue black ~P; \
               color index black red ~D; \
               color index red black ~F; \
               color index magenta black ~T'

folder-hook =sent 'color index white black ~P; \
                   color index black red ~D; \
                   color index red black ~F; \
                   color index magenta black ~T'

Or did you try that?

> However, I have run across something that does seem to work well.
>
> The 5 commands:
> folder-hook . 'color index blue black "!((! ~f jishac)|~T|~F|~D)"'
> folder-hook =sent 'color index white black "!((! ~f jishac)|~T|~F|~D)"'
> color index black red ~D
> color index red black ~F
> color index magenta black ~T
>
> produce the desired effect.  Mind you I didn't know how to AND
> things together (and a simple A & B wasn't working) so I simply
> applied good ol' DeMorgan's Law to "((~f jishac)&(! ~T)&(!
>
> If there is a more elegant solution, feel free to share ;)

That seems like a pretty good solution to me (maybe use the ~P as
above?).

> Now if only the command:
> color indicator red white ~F
>
> would actually be possible ...

See the "indicator color question" thread from a few days ago ...

--
John