Hi,

* Aragon Gouveia [02-07-01 00:04:58 +0200] wrote:
> Does anyone know how to have Mutt display a 'U' flag in
> the folder view if a mail folder has unread messages?
> There's no folder_format format string for it, so I was
> hoping someone could help me add it to the source. I
> really suck at C :/ but I'm guessing it needs to be added
> in browser.c.

To repeat it once more: Such a ``feature'' is just much too
expensive. Mutt would have to parse all folders everytime.
Imagine how long that takes if you have a few thousand mails
per folder... Not talking about locking during the checks or
slow NFS connections...

If you're really interested in the pure number, why not use
a shell script to count it for you? This is the more
powerfull solution because you could also write a short
script which configures the $mailbox variable to contain
only folders with unread mail.

Your choice...

Cheers, Rocco