On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 04:17:13PM +0200, Aragon Gouveia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There must be a way. It should just be a matter of sending the right escape
> sequence to the terminal. You can probably do this in the status_format.

The question's come up a few times - I don't recall the answer, myself.
It has to be done outside the normal screen operations since those would
translate the escape sequence into readable form.

> I think the escape sequences are as follows:
>
> \033]0;<whatever you want in the title>\007
>
> There are also escape sequences for the window name and the icon name.
> Probably \033]1; and \033]2; respectively. I'm not sure which is which. But
> googling it should reveal something.

That's likely (they're documented in a number of places including of course
xterm).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://invisible-island.net