Thomas Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> had this to say,

> On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 01:13:47PM -0700, Deb wrote:
> > I forgot to mention that I'm using xterm-166, with terminfo
> > xterm-color, on Solaris, Sparc.  Not sure the xfree86 is
> > appropriate for this platform?
>
> But xterm-color usually says that the terminal doesn't implement back color
> erase (bce).  In that case, most full-screen applications will write explicit
> blanks, which xterm's select/paste will preserve.

Hold on.  The behavior holds for *both* xterm and xterm-color, and I
just tested F-secure ssh Windoze client - and it also exhibits the
same behaviour - the only common denominator is using mutt and copying/
pasting text from a displayed message.

Mutt, in all cases I think, is using my color defaults, even when there
is no color.  I could eliminate that from the mix and test, I suppose.

Next on the drawing board...

deb

> > I would consider this a bug.
>
> ( sure - but not in mutt or xterm ;-)

I still respectfully disagree (see above).

Kind Regards,
deb