On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 12:23:35PM -0400, John P Verel wrote:
> On 07/10/02 11:37 -0400, Mark J. Reed wrote:
>
> >         macro attach a s/tmp/foo.doc\r!abiword<Space>/tmp/foo.doc\r
> >
> Almost.
Sorry.  My version worked fine on my system.

> I got this to work:
>
> macro attach a "<save-entry>\cu<bol>~/tmp/foo.doc\n!AbiWord ~/tmp/foo.doc\n"
>
> Without ^U, the original name of the attachment was being appended to
> foo.doc.
Ah, could be.  The attachment I tested it on had no filename in its
Content-Disposition.

> The <bol> is just insurance.  Also, AbiWord is case sensitive.
Okay.  When I installed AbiWord, it created both 'abiword' and 'AbiWord'
links.

> Your macro has \r in two places.  What the intent there?
Carriage return.  \n works too, since you can hit control-J instead
of Enter, but since the key I actually hit is Enter and it sends
a carriage return, that's what I use in my macros.

> Time for lunch.  After lunch, I'll amend the macro to delete the temp
> file.
Yeah, I almost replied to my own message to add that, but decided it wasn't
worth another message in the thread. :)

--
Mark REED                    | CNN Internet Technology
1 CNN Center Rm SW0831G      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]