On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 10:29:47PM +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:
| * Thorsten Haude [02-07-11 22:10:53 +0200] wrote:

| > Could you tell more about this? How did you identify the
| > broken MTA and what did you do to fix it?
|
| Someone else found out that GMX escapes 'from' at the
| beginning of a line to '>from' which was the reason why I
| could not verify a few mails. It's a short sed/python/perl
| solution to remove it again. As I said, a few still remain.

Actually, that MDA MUST do that mangling, or else your mbox will be
corrupted.  That's the problem with mbox.  As a workaround, the
PGP/MIME RFCs recommend that the sending MUA use quoted-printable, and
escape all From_ lines before transmitting the message.  (though if
that GMX MDA was actually manging 'from' lines, then I'll agree that
it is broken)

| Since some people don't have problems at all, I don't
| believe in a mutt problem anymore but in an MTA and MDA
| issue (MTAs, fetchmail, procmail and the like).

Right.  I use maildir as my delivery format, so no message mangling is
needed.

| > >David provided some other tips which didn't help for me.
|
| > I sure tried to follow that thread but David's mails are
| > much harder to read than the others.
|
| Because of the quoting? ;-)

Yeah, but this didn't work for me :
    au FileType mail set comments+=n:\|,n:%

My quoting is colored properly.  When I run ":set comments?", I see
the % added as a comment character, but the coloring doesn't change.
Any ideas on that?
(using vim as the pager, btw)

-D

--

 "Piracy is not a technological issue. It's a behavior issue."
                                                       --Steve Jobs

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/