Rob --

...and then Feztaa said...
%
% Hey all ;)

Hi!

%
% I have a bit of a problem --

Oooh, this just *begs* a smartass response...

%
% So what I want to know is, is there a way to get mutt to save messages
% to sent-mail only if it's not addressed to a mailing list that I'm
% subscribed to?

I don't think you'll be able to do it except with long fcc-hook rules,
which means you probably want to parse your muttrc file(s) to generate
them.  Something like

  fcc-hook . =%O        # store in "original" target
  fcc-hook mutt-users /dev/null
  fcc-hook lfs-general /dev/null
  fcc-hook yetanotherlist /dev/null

and so you'd be sure to write your subscribe line so that the list To:
address matched so that you could parse it out.

Personally I think it would be easier to just let mutt write the fcc as
usual but make =mutt-users a symlink to /dev/null for each target address
whose mail you don't want to store.  Then, again, I'm the kind that keeps
his outgoing posts regardless of whether or not I keep the incoming
version :-)

%
% --
% Rob 'Feztaa' Park
% http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/
% --
% Darth Vader sleeps with a Teddywookie.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]