Richard --

...and then Richard P. Groenewegen said...
%
% On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 09:22:25AM -0400, darren chamberlain wrote:
% > Ouch, that's a lot of work.  I think this will do it:
% >
% >   fcc-save-hook . +%O
% >
% > The . applies the hook to all messages, and the %O turns into the
% > before-the-@ part of the recipient address.

More to the point, %O means "the original save target" before mutt
started applying any rules.  I expect it would be either the addressee
name or sent (whatever your sent mailbox name is), though perhaps not
even the latter (someone should check, and, no, it won't be I).

%
% Cool!  I didn't known this (well, of course I didn't!).  Great,

I trust there were other fcc-save-hook settings without a lovely default
setting that were causing this, because if you simply turn on $save_name
then mutt will usually save in folders by addressee name.  If there were,
then you need this anyway because you need a default setting for the hook
so that your next email doesn't also get saved in =someguy :-)

% thanks.

HTH & HAND

%
% Richard