* Andre Berger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-01 16:32]:
> > > :r! uuencode file file
> >
> > does Andre really want to manually convert
> > every file before sending it on to his PDA?
>
> I (Andre) don't mind hitting ":r! uuencode file file",
> as I'm using vim anyway. You (Sven) could have pointed
> out that UUencoding is mentioned nowhere in the
> documentation, at least to my best knowledge it is not.

do you really expect to find descriptions of
base64, quoted-printable, rot13, uucode, and
yenc in the *mutt* manual?  i mean, really?

yes, the mutt manual does not mention all of the
possible encodings which exit in this world.
so what?  after all it's a manual about *mutt*
and not the what-else-is-there manual, right?

> Maybe it shouldn't necessarily have been mentioned, but on
> the other hand it is not there. So what's wrong with asking?

i don't mind you asking at all.  but do you mind
improving the description of your problem and goal?

> In the meantime I think I've narrowed down the problem
> to the MIME settings on my PDA, though I haven't found
> a solution yet. Not a mutt topic though.

i think, yes, mutt can maybe play a role in your solution but
it will depend mostly on the programs available on your PDA.
or shorter:  the solution must be with the PDA.
it's not a mutt problem - it's a PDA problem!

Sven