On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 11:58:13AM -0700, John Iverson wrote:
> * On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Johan Svedberg wrote:
>
> > Anyone experinced mutt going to the wrong mailbox when you're
> > in the browsers mailbox view and place the indicator on some
> > mailbox and press enter?
>
> This happens when you get new mail in the last mailbox you
> visited after going to the browser.  Mutt thinks you should see
> the new mail in your 'current' mailbox instead of what you told
> it to do.
>
> Another problem is that the new mail indicator for that mailbox
> doesn't work in the browser.  It's been discussed a couple of
> times, but I guess it's a side effect of Mutt's design.
>
> What I've done is create a macro to go to the browser, which
> first visits a mailbox that doesn't receive mail.  This seems to
> be at least a work around for this behavior:
>
> macro index <space> "<change-folder>=postponed<enter><change-folder>?" "Browse
>folders"

Ah, thanks alot! This explains that other thing that has been bugging me
with sometimes not getting the N flag although there actually are new
mails in that box. I'm going to try that macro out, although some kind
of fix would be nice since this behavour is not very logical. Once again
thanks, I've been so frustrated over this thing... :-)

Regards, Johan Svedberg

--
Johan Svedberg, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.acc.umu.se/~winkle