On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:33:14AM -0400, darren chamberlain wrote:
> * Chris Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-10-10 09:27]:
> > I'd like to add an extra (custom, for my use) message header to
> > messages sent to a specific address.  Send-hook explicitly doesn't do
> > this so is there any easy way of doing this or will I have to write a
> > little script to actually edit the file and execute that via a
> > send-hook?
>
>   send-hook . unmy_hdr X-Foo
>   send-hook '~t [EMAIL PROTECTED]' my_hdr X-Foo: blah blah blah
>
> I'm using similar constructs all over the place.

Well it says in the manual:-

    "Also note that my_hdr commands which modify recipient headers, or
    the message's subject, don't have any effect on the current message
    when executed from a send-hook."

So does the above mean what it says, or have I misunderstood it?

What I'm trying to create is a macro which will do the following:-
    1 - It will work exactly like the current 's' command allowing
        mail to be saved in a specific mailbox.  Thus the macro will
        first call the 's' command.
    2 - It will bounce ('b' command) a copy of the mail to a specific
        (fixed) address with an added header which will contain
        the name and directory of the mailbox where the message has
        been saved locally.

Is the above remotely possible?  It's easy enoough to create a macro
which will do the 's' and the 'b' but I'm not sure how to set about
adding the header with the required information in it.  Are there
completely different ways of getting to what I want?  Basically what I
want is to send a copy of all messages saved in certain mailboxes to
another system with header information indicating where it was saved
so that the remote system can archive the message automatically (using
procmail).

--
Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])