* On 2002.10.10, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
*       "Chris Green" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well it says in the manual:-
>
>     "Also note that my_hdr commands which modify recipient headers, or
>     the message's subject, don't have any effect on the current message
>     when executed from a send-hook."
>
> So does the above mean what it says, or have I misunderstood it?

It means what it says, but it might not say what it means. It's saying,
I think, that my_hdr cannot modify To:, Cc:, Bcc:, or Subject: inside a
send-hook. Other my_hdr headers are fine.

> What I'm trying to create is a macro which will do the following:-
>     1 - It will work exactly like the current 's' command allowing
>         mail to be saved in a specific mailbox.  Thus the macro will
>         first call the 's' command.
>     2 - It will bounce ('b' command) a copy of the mail to a specific
>         (fixed) address with an added header which will contain
>         the name and directory of the mailbox where the message has
>         been saved locally.
>
> Is the above remotely possible?  It's easy enoough to create a macro

Seems like it, although I don't know how you get the name of the folder
into the my_hdr, unless it's just a hard-coded part of the macro.

--
 -D.                    We establised a fine coffee. What everybody can say
 Sun Project, APC/UCCO  TASTY! It's fresh, so-mild, with some special coffee's