Hi,

* Susan Kleinmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [02-10-11 03:44]:
>I must still be doing something wrong:  I can't believe that every single
>person who uses mutt has to cut and paste all 3 or 4 help screens into an
>editor, then do a bunch of editing, just to find out which few keys are
>available to assign to macros.

I usually just assign a key. If it was already taken then probably not
by a function I will miss much. In any case, I can change it back
easily.

>I also can't believe that users are really restricted to single
>keystrokes to identify macros.

With qualifier, yes, I think that's true. Let's see what the others
have to say.

>Here are a couple of specific ambiguities in the manual:
>Section 3.3 says that the key to which a function can be mapped may consist
>of:
><f1>
><f10>
>Some messages in the mutt-users archives implies that the
>above really means:  <f1>...<f10>

I don't know that part of the manual, but I use several function keys.

>Section 3.2 in the manual says that one can define aliases using
>alias key address [, address, ...]
>but then says aliases can be used to map "a short string" to a full
>address.  So is "key" to be understood as "a short string" in all cases?

It is in this case. While entering an address, the usual single key
commands don't work, you are in (line) editor land now.

Thorsten
--
Is there a suspect in your family? - Contact the Ministry of Information.