* On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 Javier Rojas ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) muttered:
> Mutt doesn't seem to tag messages which are collapsed. I have a macro
> that marks all the unread messages as read, and now that I'm collapsing
> certain mailboxes, Mutt doesn't tag all the new messages.

Correct. Mutt always work on *visible* messages *only*. You'd have
un-collapse all before doing whatever you're about to do.

> The tag-thread feature (the killer feature of 1.5.13: ~() ) doesn't have
> a consistent behaviour too; tagging al threads with new messages on them
> (~(~N)) tags only the first message of the thread.

ITYM of a collapsed thread. ~(~N) works fine here on un-collapsed
threads. Again mutt only works on visible messages. When you're about to
work on all messages, you have to un-collapse all.
Say you limited to ~N then <delete-pattern>~f foo. Now there may be a lot
of messages that are ~f foo but not ~N only you don't see them now.
Should mutt delete them? I don't think so. You wouldn't even notice that
mutt matched and deleted those messages because you don't see them.
-> Prone to unwanted mail loss.
The some goes for matching messages in collapsed threads.

HTH,

Michael
--
Why are there always boycotts?  Shouldn't there be girlcotts too?
                -- argon on #Linux

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD
Jabber:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]