* On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 Javier Rojas ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) muttered:
> It should tag all messages, whether collapsed or not. After all, it tags
> all the *threads* that match a given criteria.

No it shouldn't. Never operate on non-visible messages. You might argue
it should un-collapse all threads that match and then tag them. That
would would be a really nice feature actually. Un-collapse threads when
messages are matched by any operation. Any takers?

> Collapse and limit are different. When using limit, I'm restricting the
> range of my actions (tagging) to a subset of the messages. Collapsing
> threads is just a convenient way of presenting the mailbox. So,
> collapsing threads should not mess with tagging. It's just a view.

So mutt should <delete-pattern> messages in collapsed threads? Messages
you cannot see and therefor check that it's ok to delete them? Doesn't
feel right to me. Now it that feature mentioned above existed... ;)

Michael
--
BOFH excuse #241:

_Rosin_ core solder? But...