=- Jing Xue wrote on Mon  5.Feb'07 at 19:12:29 -0500 -=

> Those added with "a" don't have to be sourced. But "a" only adds
> the sender's address. The only way to add an arbitrary alias
> seems to be to edit the alias file directly - and then to make
> it effective {...} the alias file would have to be sourced.

=- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on Mon  5.Feb'07 at 21:48:33 -0600 -=

> Is there really no way to do a generic create-alias, where you don't
> have to change the information of the current sender? I've often
> wanted to do this - just hit 'a', but not have to erase all the
> information I don't want first (I just want it blank so I can enter
> what I want).

a) open an empty folder, where there is no "current addr". ;)

b) use <kill-line> (often ^U) to erase whole line at once, in case
you're bothered by "delete char-by-char". Much faster.

You're responsible for ALL of it: you get what you give.