I've been a long time mutt user but today decided I'd switch from using mutt
via pop3 to using mutt via imap on a server that I maintain.

Under my pop3 setup, I used to hit 'c' from the index and mutt would take me
to the next mailbox in my 'mailboxes' list that had new (unseen) mail in it. I
could keep hitting 'c' and go through all of my mailboxes quickly. Mail was
put into these mailboxes directly by procmail recipes.

Under my new imap setup, new mail is put into various mailboxes via the
program imapfilter instead of procmail.

Under this new imap setup, I've got most things working except for this 'c'
functionality. The first time I hit it, it takes me to the first mailbox in my
mailboxes list that has new mail. The second time I hit it, it goes to the
next mailbox with new mail. But the third time I hit it, it goes back to the
first mailbox that I had just come from. Additional hits of the 'c' key just
keeps taking me back and forth between the first two mailboxes.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

I've RTM and tried various options for:

    imap_check_subscribed
    imap_idle