On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 06:19:59PM +0000, Raffi Khatchadourian wrote:
> On Mon 28.Jan'08 at 18:33:17 +0100, Steve S wrote:
>> I'm new to mutt, so this question my have been asked before (I found nothing
>> on
>> the web/in the wiki etc.). In my muttrc I have
>> bind  browser n check-new
>>
>> which works ok. I hit `n` manually from time to time to see if there is new
>> mail. Is it possible to do that automatically in the background (ala cron)?
>
> Are you using mailboxes? If so, this should be done automatically.

Yes, I'm using Maildir format boxes:

set mbox_type=Maildir
set folder=~/Maildir
set spoolfile=~/Maildir
set record=+sent
set postponed=+postponed
mailboxes +spam +inbox +sent +postponed ...

My MRA is gets mail controled by a cronjob, but in mutt's folder browser, I see
folders makred with 'N' only when I (a) hit `n` or (b) close mutt and restart
it.

s.