On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 12:41:50PM -0500, David Champion wrote:

> It could be on your system, or it could be on the one that your system
> relays to when it sends the message on to the recipient.
>
> Where you find the configuration depends on what MTA you're using.
>
> If you're using sendmail, it's probably in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf and/or
> /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.  If you're using postfix, it's probably in one
> of the files in /etc/postfix -- perhaps main.cf.  Check your MTA's
> docuementation for whatever distribution of Linux you're using.

Just had a look in my local sendmail config (which is relaying to an
exchange server) and I have no size limit.

Found an option in my sendmail.cf which are commented out:
# maximum message size
#O MaxMessageSize=0

But, as you can see, they are not active. I think this should
be a common way. I would not like to run to every computer and
configure a local limit if I can do so at a central point.

/me <-- bastard operator from hell

regards,
Marcus