On Fri, 05 Sep 2008, Peter Davis wrote:

> Jorge Luis wrote:
>> The server at Pair is relay.pair.com.  It authorizes SMTP for 90 minutes
>> after a POP3 or IMAP connection.  See:
>>
>> http://www.pair.com/support/knowledge_base/e-mail/smtp_service_at_pair_networks.html
>>
> Thanks.  Anyone know how I configure Postfix on Mac OS X to use that server?

I'm away from my Macs and unsure of paths.  On unicies:

In /etc/postfix/main.cf:

        relayhost = [relay.pair.com]

In /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd:

        relay.pair.com login:password

Run:

        # postconf -m

to find out what types of databases are supported by your system.  If
you can use hash files, which is likely, (other possibilities are btree,
dbm, and sdbm) run:

        # makemap hash sasl_passwd.db < sasl_passwd

Adjust the filetype spec according to your system's capabilities.

In /etc/postfix/main.cf

Set restrictive permissions on the sasl_passwd and sasl_passwd.db files.

If you run into trouble, the postfix mailing list is tetchy, but
informative.

Good luck,

        JL

--