On 2008-09-28, bill lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
> There are some unbound functions at the bottom of the help page "?" eg,
> "query" "delete-thread", However when I type
>  :query
> It said unknown command, How to execute these commands without binding
> them to shortcut keys?

In addition to using

   :push <query>

you can also use

   :exec query

I don't remember the difference, if any other than the syntax,
off-hand.

> Also commands like "set aaa=...." seems working, but how to do things
> like,
> :set aaa?
> :echo $bbb
>
> Or does mutt has a command mode similar to that in vi/vim?

You can query the value of a variable by preceding its name with a
question mark in the set command, like this,

   :set ?pager

or by starting a set command, then typing a tab after the equals
sign.  For example, type this,

   :set pager=

then hit tab.  Note that mutt has variable-name-completion on the
command line, too.  Just type the first few characters of the
variable name, then tab.  If there is more than one match,
successive tabs will cycle through the alternatives.

Regards,
Gary