Hi,

I have been using mutt without trouble on OS X for several weeks
until today, when suddenly I got "/var/mail/$username is not a mailbox".
What on earth happened? I haven't done a thing to my mailspool
file, nor to .muttrc. The only thing I can think of that might have
somehow caused this is that I set up fetchmail as a cronjob and did not
specify where to send output (so it would get mailed to me). I have
since taken that out of crontab.

I can cat my /var/mail/$username file; there *is* mail there.
Perms are 600, owner is username, group is mail.

I have Googled this extensively and found no useful answer, so have
been forced to revert to claws-mail for an MUA -- arrgh!

TIA